The Print Action is used to send a report to a printer that is accessible from a computer Ignition is installed on. Here are a list of property descriptions for the Print Action.
- Primary Printer - select a main printer from the dropdown list.
- Backup Printer - select a secondary printer from the dropdown list (optional).
- Print Mode - can be either Vector or Raster file format.
- Vector - uses math to draw shapes using points, lines, and curves.The most common types of vector graphics are fonts and logos. PDF is a popular vector type. Vector based graphics like SVG image files show images with no pixelation when the size is changed.
- Raster - are composed of thousands of pixels or dots. Set the dpi (dots per inch). Common raster file format extensions are jpg, jpeg, png, tiff, bmp, and gif.
- Copies - number of copies to send to the printer.
- Options - print options
- Print on both sides - will attempt to print on both sides of a sheet of paper, if supported by the printer.
- Collate - will order the pages so that a complete report prints before the next copy prints, if applicable.
- Use AutoLandscape Mode - evaluates the page dimensions and determines portrait or landscape orientation.
- Page Orientation - will orient the page into either portrait or landscape