Print File is often used to create hard copies of reports automatically when the report is generated. The Print Action is used to send a report to a printer that is accessible from a computer Ignition is installed on. Here are a list of property descriptions for the Print Action.
- Primary Printer - select a main printer from the dropdown list.
- Backup Printer - select a secondary printer from the dropdown list (optional).
- Print Mode - can be either Vector or Raster file format.
- Vector - uses math to draw shapes using points, lines, and curves.The most common types of vector graphics are fonts and logos. PDF is a popular vector type. Vector based graphics like SVG image files show images with no pixelation when the size is changed.
- Raster - are composed of thousands of pixels or dots. Set the dpi (dots per inch). Common raster file format extensions are jpg, jpeg, png, tiff, bmp, and gif.
- Copies - number of copies to send to the printer.
- Options - print options
- Print on both sides of a sheet of paper.
- Collate - order or arrange pages.
- Use AutoLandscape Mode - evaluates the page dimensions and determines portrait or landscape orientation.
- Page Orientation - Portrait or Landscape
FTP Action can be used to automatically upload your reports to a file server for backups or storage. Here are a list of property descriptions for the FTP Action.
- Server Address - server address of where your FTP files will be uploaded.
- Port - identifies what port to use.
- Folder Path - is the folder path where the file should be uploaded to.
- Format - choose the file format from the dropdown list that you want to save the report to.
- Username and Password - user credentials that Ignition should be using to access the FTP server.
- SSL - if 'true' an encrypted link is used.
- Filename - by default, your Report Name will be used as the filename, but you can change it. You can even use any of the Operators, Functions, Parameters or Tags to help you create your filename.