There can be any number of actions associated with a Schedule from storing, distributing, or notifying a user upon completion of a report. Each action has its own custom configuration interface to make adding and editing Actions simple. The Actions you can perform following report generation are Print, FTP, Save, Email, and Run Script. Here is an example of the an Email Action.
Before we get started, here are a couple of functions common to all Actions. It is important to note, that before you add any Actions, you must first add a Schedule.
|Select the Print Action.|
|Run the selected Action immediately.|
|Delete the selected Action.|
Print File is often used to create hard copies of reports automatically when the report is generated. Use the print option for a simple print job that is sent to a printer accessible from the computer Ignition is installed on. To configure the Print Action, select a schedule and set the following configuration settings as appropriate:
- Add New Action - click the plus icon and select New Print Action. (You can also select the double arrow icon to run the selected action (i.e., Print Action) immediately).
- Primary Printer - select your primary printer from the dropdown list.
- Backup Printer - select a backup printer from the dropdown list (optional).
- Print Mode - select from either Vector or Raster image.
- Vector - uses math to draw shapes using points, lines, and curves.The most common types of vector graphics are fonts and logos. PDF is a popular vector type. Vector based graphics like SVG image files show images with no pixelation when the size is changed. Common raster file format extensions are jpg, jpeg, png, tiff, bmp, and gif.
- Raster - are composed of thousands of pixels or dots. Set the dpi (dots per inch).
- Copies - number of copies to send to the printer.
- Options - print options
- Print on both sides of the sheet of paper.
- Collate - order or arrange pages
- Use AutoLandscape Mode - evaluates the page dimensions and determines portrait or landscape orientation.
- Page Orientation - Portrait or Landscape
FTP Action can be used to automatically upload your reports to a file server for backups or storage. To configure the FTP Action, select a schedule and set the following configuration settings as appropriate.
With the FTP action you can specify the server address, what port to use, user credientials that Ignition should be using and select if you need to use SSL or not. Next you can specify a folder path, filename and what format you want to save the report in. This is very similar to the Save File action.
- Add New Action - click the plus icon and select New Print Action. (You can also select the double arrow icon to run the selected action (i.e., FTP Action) immediately).
- Server Address - specify the server address
- Port - specify what port to use.
- Folder Path - specify the folder path where the file should be uploaded to.
- Format - select the format that you want to save the report in from the dropdown list.
- Username and Password - enter the user credentials that Ignition should be using to access the FTP server.
- SSL - mark 'true' if using an encrypted link.
- Filename - Enter
You can have report run immediately if you like. Go to the actions already created on this schedule, click on Save file and the little arrow icon will run the selected action immediately. so Save the file,