To Find and Replace
- In the Designer, go to Edit > Find/Replace or use the shortcut Ctrl-F. The Find/Replace window is displayed.
- Type what you're searching for in the textbox at the top to search through your project. The wildcard character (*) which will match anything, and the single-character wildcard character (?).
For example, to find all references to a tag that started with the string "
Motor", you could search for
Motor*. This would match things like
MotorHOA. The search query
Valve1Status, but not
Valve38Statusbecause multiple characters are present between
- In the Target section, narrow down your search by choosing the options you are interested in. It is often useful to specify a narrow search target. Find/Replace searches through many different parts of a project as well as through Tags. The target settings let you specify exactly what Find/Replace should search through. By unchecking boxes in the Target section, you can avoid search results that you aren't interested in.
- Click the Find button at the top right to execute the search. All matching items appear in the Results section. Double-click on an item in the Results table to bring that item into editing focus in the Designer.
- To replace a value, select an entry in the Results section and you'll see the Value of that entry in the Current box of the Replace section.
- Enter the text you want to use as a replacement in the Replace textbox and a preview of the new value is shown in the Preview box.
- Click the Replace button to execute the replace. This will move your selection down in the Results table so that you can rapidly execute multiple replacements. If you're satisfied and you'd like to make the identical replacement to many items, select them all in the Results table and click the Replace All button.