An Ignition module can do anything you might imagine. The scope of an Ignition module is extremely broad - from adding something minor to complement the framework or leverage the framework to create an entirely new product. Modules can even add new functionality to other modules!
Here are some ideas, in no particular order, to help spur creativity:
- Write an ethernet driver for a PLC or other device.
- Add a visual component to the Vision module.
- Incorporate an existing 3rd party Java library to include some new technology
- Insert new useful functions into the scripting system
- Create a new authentication profile type
- Add some sort of industry-specific suite of functionality
- Implement a numerical analysis that Ignition doesn't yet include