Vision Windows are the basic building blocks for all your Vision projects. Each window can contain any number of components that can display Tag values, run scripts, write values to the database, display Tag History data on an Easy Chart, and more. When you publish your project, these windows are loaded into the Vision Client where any number of windows can be opened at one time.
On this page, we'll walk you through how to add components to a Vision Window and bring them to life by showing live values, displaying Tag History data on an Easy Chart, and launching a project in a Vision Client.
1. Adding Components to Vision Windows
Components can do everything from displaying text, to showing Tag values, to displaying reports, and more. You can bind components to each other, to Tags, to values in the database, or any combination. Let's drag a few components into your project windows and show some live values .
3. Navigating in a Vision Client
It's important to have a navigation strategy that allows you to navigate seamlessly between different windows in the Vision Client. You can choose from several types of navigation strategies: Tab Strip, Tree View, Menubar, Forward and Back Buttons, and Drill Down. The Naviation Strategies in Vision page provides some things to consider to help you determine the best navigation strategy for your project and your users.
4. Launching a Vision Client
Now that we created a project, let's launch a Vision Client. There are three ways to launch a Vision Client:
- From the Designer on the menubar, click Tools > Launch Project > Windowed (Published). This method is great if you are both a designer and a user.
- From the Gateway webpage under Vision logo, click the Downloads button. This method must be used after you create your first project, typically on a new installation of Ignition.
- Open a new browser window and enter the IP address of the project Gateway. You can use 'localhost:8088'.