Send Project Resources Task
You can also send project resources, such as project templates, windows, transaction groups, pipelines and even script modules from the Controller to an Agent.
On the Controller, under the Configure section of the Gateway webpage, go to Enterprise Administration > Agent Tasks. Let’s create another Gateway Task to send project resources from the Controller to the Agent. Click the ‘Create new Gateway Task’ link. The EAM wizard will guide you through each step of the Send Project Resources task.
Reference screenshots in the Send Project section
You can refer to some of the screenshots in the Send Project Task section as you work your way through the examples in this Send Project Resources Task.
- Click on the Send Project Resources radio button, and press Next.
- Schedule the Send Project Resources task to Execute Immediately, and press Next.
- Select the Agent on the Agent Selection window, and press Next.
- Select the Source Gateway / Local System where your project resources reside, and press Next.
- This example sends selected resources from the Training project on the Controller to the Agent. Select Training, and press Next.
- You can see all the resources inside of the Training Project. Of course, real projects will have many more useful project resources than are shown here. It can include templates, windows, transaction groups, pipelines and script modules. Choose whatever resources you want to send to the agent, and press Next.
- You have the option of either merging the project resources into an existing project or creating a new project on the Agent. In this example, let's create a new project. Select Other, and enter a new project name. Press Next.
- The EAM wizard summarizes all the information for you to review. Press Finish.
- The Gateway Task for Send Project Resources will execute, the screen will refresh, and a message will appear stating that the task was successful.
- To verify that the Training project resources were sent, go to your Agent, click on the Configure tab on the Gateway webpage, and select Projects. You can see in this example that 'NewProject' was created by the EAM controller. If you don't see your new project, refresh the screen by clicking Projects.
Once your project and project resources are sent to the Agent, you need to complete the installation of your project. You need to setup your authentication profile, database, and Tag providers. Once this is completed, you are ready to use the project and project resources on your Agent.