- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Audit profiles store information into a database, you can then display that information in an Audit Log to see what information is stored. Here is a complete list of what information is captured in the Audit Log.
There are a few ways to view audit log information: using a Table component, Database Query Browser, or the interface on the Gateway.
To Access the Audit Log with Table Functions
Since Ignition makes accessing data from databases seamless, it is possible to bind a data property of a table directly to database table. Alternatively, it is possible to access the contents of the audit log with table functions.
Once you have an Audit Log setup and attached to a project, you can go back to that project and see what information is in that audit log. This example uses the Table Functions to extract data from the Audit Log.
- In Designer, drag a Table component on to a window.
- In the Property Editor, click on the binding icon from the table's Data property.
The Property Binding window is displayed.
- Select the Functions Binding Type.
- Select Functions from the various binding options.
- Binding Function, select the Audit Log from the drop-down menu.
- Audit Profile Name, select Audit or the name of your Audit Profile.
- Start Date, enter the appropriate start date.
- End Date, enter the appropriate end date.
- Polling Mode, select Relative.
- Select any other appropriate function options from the menu.
- Click OK.
- Once you click OK, the table will populate with all the information stored in the audit log based on the Table Functions you selected. You can use the Table Customizer to configure how you want the table to look by reorganizing and hiding columns, making columns sortable, assigning meaningful headers, and much more.
|Scroll HTML Exporter Ignore|
To Access the Audit Log using the Database Query Browser
The Database Query Browser makes it easy to search your database tables to view audit information.
- In the Designer under the Tools menubar, select Database Query Browser.
The Database Query Browser will open.
- On the right side of Browser window under Schema, will be a list of tables from the currently selected database. Double click on the audit_events table, and click Execute.
The data from the audit_events table will appear in the Resultset 1 tab.
Refer to the Database Query Browser to learn more about how it works.
To Access the Audit Log on the Gateway
Ignition provides a simple interface to view Audit Logs on the Gateway.
- On the Gateway webpage in the Configure section, scroll down to Security > Auditing.
- The Audit Profile page will be displayed. Select the Audit Profile where your information is stored, and click More > view log.
- Choose the parameter settings if your looking for something specific, otherwise, enter a Start Date and End Date, and click Search.