Ignition 7.8 and up
Ignition 7.7 and prior
Other UA Servers
While the above example is specific to KEPServerEX, the same concepts apply to connecting to any other third party OPC server that accepts OPC-UA client connections. The only difference may be in the way that the certificates are accepted on the server.
The Ignition OPC-UA server sends the client certificate to the third party OPC server when it tries to make the connection, however if the OPC server is not designed to expect these certificates then there may not be a straight forward way to accept them. In these cases you can manual download a client ticket from Ignition and supply it to the OPC server in the appropriate manner.
To download a client certificate manually
- Go to Configure section in the Gateway.
- Select OPC-UA > Certificate from the left side of the page.
- The Manage Certificates page is displayed.
- In the This Gateway tab, click the download link under Ignition OPC-UA Client, and save the certificate somewhere to disk.
- This certificate is then supplied to your third-party OPC server in a way specific to that server. For more information, check respective server's documentation.