Online Activation Example
- Go to the Gateway webpage and select the Configure section.
- From the menu on the left, select System > Licensing. The Licensing page will appear. If you already have a license key, click the Activate Online button. If you want to use the Trial Version of Ignition, click Get a License.
The Licensing / Activate Online page will be displayed. Enter your License Key and click Activate.
The Licensing page will refresh and your Current License will be successfully activated.
- To view the your system modules, click View Modules. The list of all your modules will be displayed along with their version number, license, and status. Note: Don't be alarmed by the 'License Incomplete' message on the green banner. Click on the question mark
. It opens an informational message box stating the current license does not include all of the modules that are installed. Some of the modules are in Trial Mode.
Offline Activation Example
When you do not have an internet connection, you can do the following steps to activate your license manually:
- Go to the Gateway webpage and login to the Configure section.
- From the menu on the left, select System > Licensing. The Licensing Activation page will appear.
- Click the Activate Offline button.
The Licensing / Activate Offline page will be displayed describing how you can activate manually. Enter your CD-Key and press Download Activation Request. An activation request file, called '
message.txt,' is generated and downloaded.
- Take the '
activation_requestmessage.txt'file to a machine with Internet access and either go to the Support area on our website to activate. The file may be uploaded on the following page:
Support Portal - Activation/Unactivation Form
Should any troubles occur with the upload process, please contact our support department. Once the
activation_requestmessage.txthas been uploaded, a license file called '
- Choose the '
license.ipl'file and click Activate to finish the process. The Licensing page will refresh showing your license was successfully activated. Click View Modules to see a list of all your activated modules.
Information Collected at Activation
When activating an Ignition installation, there are several pieces of information that are communicated to the activation servers and then stored internally at Inductive Automation. Some of this information is used to generate a unique license for the server on which Ignition is being installed. This means your 'license.ipl' file must be loaded on the same computer that you created the 'activation_requestmessage.txt' file from.
The following are some of the types of information that is collected at the time of activation:
- CD Key
- System ID
- Java Version
- OS Architecture
- Processor and Memory