Using the Symbol Factory
- Launch the Designer and open your project.
- Choose Symbol Factory under the Tools menu or the project navigation tree. If you can't find these, the Symbol Factory module probably isn't installed. The Symbol Factory browser opens as a pop-up window that stays on top of the Designer.
- In the Vision module, there is also an icon (valve icon in the upper left) for quick access to the Symbol Factory images at the top of the Component Palette.
Browse the different categories to explore what symbols are available, or search to find a specific symbol.
When searching Symbol Factory, it is recommended to select the Enhanced radio button in the Symbols List. The enhanced symbols are more detailed, and they . They also have groupings that enable you to more easily animate them when used in Vision.
- Find a symbol that you'd like to use and drag it onto an open Vision window or Perspective view.
- In Perspective, you can resize the image and change the style settings. See Images , SVGs, and Icons in Perspective.
- In Vision, the symbol will become a group of shapes. See Images and SVGs in Vision.