Create a Simple One-Way Email Notification Profile
- Go to the Config section of the Gateway Webpage.
- Under Alarming, select Notification from the menu on the left side.
- A list of Alarm Notification Profiles will appear. Click on the Create new Alarm Notification Profile link.
A list of all the alarm notification profile types will appear.
If any of the profiles are not shown, it means the required module is missing or faulted. (To verify the Alarm Notification Module is installed and running, go to the Config tab of the Gateway Wepage Webpage and click on System>Modules.)
Choose Simple One-Way Email Notification, and click Next.
- Configure the profile settings for the Simple One-way Way Email Notification Profile, and then click Create New Alarm Notification Profile.
- Name: OneWay One-Way Email
- SMTP: SMTP (Please see the Email Settings page for more information on creating an SMTP profile.)
- On-call Roster: Managers (For more information, please see the On-Call Rosters page.)
- Minimum Priority: High
- Maximum Priority: Critical
This notification profile example below is configured to send email notifications to the users in the Managers On-Call Roster when the alarm criteria is High or Critical.
- Once created, the Simple One-way Email Notification Profile appearsin appears in your Alarm Notification Profiles list, and it will be running. You can edit the profile to change the On-Call Roster or alarm criteria at any time. You can create as many Simple One-way Email Notification Profiles as you need.
Simple One-Way Email Notification Profile Settings
|Name||Name of the profile.|
Brief description of the profile. Optional.
|Enabled||Whether the Simple One-way Way Email Notification is enabled.|
|SMTP Profile||The SMTP Profile that will be used to distribute the notifications.|
The Roster of users that will be notified when an alarm meets the criteria set in this profile.
For a Notification notification to be sent from this Notification Profile, its priority must be equal to or higher than the priority specified on this property. (Options are Diagnostic, Low, Medium, High, or Critical.)
For a Notification notification to be sent from this Notification Profile, its priority must be equal to or lower than the priority specified on this property. (Options are Diagnostic, Low, Medium, High, or Critical.)