- At the top of the Designer in the Menu Bar, select Tools > Image Management.
- Next, drag and drop the image from the local file system directly onto the Image Management window.
Alternatively, the Image Management window has an Upload button to pass images in. Locate the directory you wish to upload the image. You may use the root folder, or create a new folder to keep your images organized.
- In the Image Management tool, click on the Upload New Image icon. An Open dialog window appears.
- Navigate to your image on the local system.
- Select the image, then click Open to upload it.
You can also use a file path to a local image. Enter the file path in the source property for the Image component . This is done by prefixing the file path with
file:/// . An example Image Path would look like this:
It is important to understand that this will only work if the image is accessible from where the client is running. So if you access an image from the designer on the local machine, clients that launch elsewhere may not have the image stored in the same location.