- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Ignition version 7.8 introduced a new OS X installer. Installation instructions using the DMG can be found on our Mac OS X - Install page.
Also, to install Ignition on a Mac OS X, it is assumed that you are familiar with operating a shell.
Note: The following instructions for installing Ignition as a Mac OS X service are also in the README distribution file.
To download and install on Mac OS X
- Go to the Inductive Automation website at
- Select Download > Current Release.
- On the Ignition Downloads page, scroll down to System Installers which contains all the download zip files.
- Download the Ignition-buildx.x.x-osx.zip file.
Note: Depending on your computer, you may need to run all the commands as root. Prefix everything with sudo or first run
- Download and install Java 8 if it is not already installed.
Click on the download button under JRE. Accept the license agreement and download jre-7uXX-macosx-x64.dmg. Once downloaded, run the installer and follow the instructions to install Java.
- Unzip the Ignition download file and install Ignition into
/usr/local/ignitionby running the following command:
unzip <<ignition-macosx.zip>> -d /usr/local/ignition
<<ignition-macosx.zip>>is the path to the Ignition Mac OS X distribution you downloaded.
- Change directories to the Ignition install directory.
- Make the files executable by executing the following three chmod commands:
chmod +x ignition.sh
chmod +x ignition-gateway
chmod +x gcu.sh
- To turn the application into a service, create a symlink to
ln -s /usr/local/ignition/ignition.sh ignition
chmod +x ignition
- To start Ignition now, type
You can now open a web browser and go to the Gateway home page at http://localhost:8088.
For information about how to stop and uninstall the service, see the README file.
|Scroll HTML Exporter Ignore|