Create a Simple One-Way Email Notification Profile
- Go to the Config section of the Gateway Webpage.
- Under Alarming, select Notification from the menu on the left side.
- A list of Alarm Notification Profiles will appear. Click on the Create new Alarm Notification Profile link.
A list of all the alarm notification profile types will appear.
If any of the profiles are not shown, it means the required module is missing or faulted. (To verify the Alarm Notification Module is installed and running, go to the Config tab of the Gateway Wepage and click on System>Modules.)
Choose Simple One-Way Email Notification, and click Next.
- Configure the profile settings for the Simple One-way Email Notification Profile, and then click Create New Alarm Notification Profile.
- Name: OneWay Email
- SMTP: SMTP (Please see the Email Settings page for more information on creating an SMTP profile.)
- On-call Roster: Managers (For more information, please see the On-Call Rosters page.)
- Minimum Priority: High
- Maximum Priority: Critical
This notification profile example below is configured to send email notifications to the users in the Managers On-Call Roster when the alarm criteria is High or Critical.
- Once created, the Simple One-way Email Notification Profile will appear in appearsin your Alarm Notification Profiles list, and it will be running. You can edit the profile to change the On-Call Roster or alarm criteria at any time. You can create as many Simple One-way Email Notification Profiles as you need.
Using the Simple One-Way Email Notification ProfileOnce you have the notification profile set up, that's it! There is no other setup required, as this notification profile type can't be used in an alarm pipeline. Instead, any alarms that fall within the set priority range will automatically be sent out to the roster listed in the notification profile. It is important to be aware that there is no way to filter what alarms get sent using this notification profile other than the priority, so if alarms are sent to the same roster through an alarm pipeline, users may see duplicate alarms.
Simple One-Way Email Notification Profile Settings
|Name||Name of the profile.|
Brief description of the profile. Optional.
|Enabled||Whether the Simple One-way Email Notification is enabled.|
|SMTP Profile||The SMTP Profile that will be used to distribute the notifications.|
The Roster of users that will be notified when an alarm meets the criteria set in this profile.
For a Notification to be sent from this Notification Profile, its priority must be equal to or higher than the priority specified on this property. (Diagnostic, Low, Medium, High, Critical)
For a Notification to be sent from this Notification Profile, its priority must be equal to or lower than the priority specified on this property. (Diagnostic, Low, Medium, High, Critical)