- If you haven't already, make sure you have a project created.
- Go back to the Gateway Home page.
Your project will appear in the Launch Projects panel with a big Launch button to its right. Scroll down until you see it and Click on the Launch button to start up a Client.
- A loading screen will pop up briefly before the client opens.
- Login to the Client using:
By default, a new project uses the same user source as the Gateway, so the
admin/password credentials will work.
- After you logged in, you can see your Client window displaying your project.
- Go back into the Designer, make a change to the window, and click File > Save and Publish.
Your Client will show a notification saying that there are updates to the project.
Click on the notification and then the Update button and the Client will update itself!
You can launch as many Clients as you want! If you've got other computers on the same network as the Gateway computer try launching on them too. Make sure that your Gateway computer doesn't have a Firewall enabled, or it is allowing traffic on port 8088 - the default port for the Ignition web server. The address to use on other computers is http://ipaddress:8088 where ipaddress is the IP address of the computer Ignition is installed on.
Learn more about Launching Clients!