system.tag.configure(basePath, tags[, collisionPolicy])
String basePath - The starting point where the new Tags will be created. When making changes to existing tags with this function, you want to set the path to the parent folder of the exiting tag(s), not the tag(s) themselves.
Object tags - A list of Tag definitions, where each Tag definition is a Python dictionary. Alternately, a JSON source string may be passed to this parameter. When editing existing tags, it is generally easier to retrieve the tag configurations with system.tag.getConfiguration, modify the results of the getConfiguration call, and then write the new configuration to the parent folder of the existing tag(s).
String collisionPolicy - The action to take when a tag or folder with the same path and name is encountered. Possible values include
- a - Abort and throw an exception
- o - Overwrite and replace existing Tag's configuration
- i - Ignore that item in the list.
- m - merge, modifying values that are specified in the definition, without impacting values that aren't defined in the definition. Use this when you want to apply a slight change to tags, without having to build a complete configuration object.
- Defaults to Overwrite. [optional]
List - A List of QualityCode objects, one for each tag in the list, that is representative of the result of the operation.
Gateway, Vision Client, Perspective Session