Launcher Configuration Using JSON
In addition to using the GUI, these configurations changes can be made by modifying the
vision-client-launcher.json file (created during installation of the launcher). The file is located at:
The preferred method of configuration is with the GUI, but JSON modification is useful when attempting to load multiple application configurations simultaneously.
A reference to the various properties that can be modified via JSON are listed in the Vision Client Launcher Settings Reference Table. However, the JSON file has the following setting that isn't available from the GUI:
|lock.configuration||When set to true, the application list and individual application configurations cannot be modified. Effectively restricting the ability to add applications and edit the launcher's configurations.|
Vision Client Launcher Settings Reference Table
|Launcher Settings - Configurations for the Launcher|
|Property Setting||Description||JSON Name|
|Default Application||When set, the Launcher will attempt to automatically launch the specified Application when running. If left blank/null, an Application will not automatically start|
|Logging Level||Level of logging that will be used for the launcher: INFO, TRACE, DEBUG, WARN, and ERROR.|
|Multicast Address||The address that will be used to listen for multicast broadcasts from Gateways.|
|Multicast Ports||The port that will be used to listen for multicast broadcasts from Gateways.|
|Auto Exit on Launch||Automatically close the launcher window when a client is started.|
|Application Defaults - Default Configurations for New Applications|
|Property Setting||Description||JSON Name|
|Timeout||Maximum number of seconds allowed for any Gateway communication. Any communication that exceeds this amount will cause the client launcher to abort the communication and try again if configured.|
The number of times a Client will to attempt to contact a gateway again if an error occurred during communication. Available values are:
|Initial Heap||Amount of memory to be allocated at startup.|
|Max Heap||Maximum amount of memory allocation for heap size.|
|JVM||Arguments to append to client startup. These should start with a '-D' and be separated by semi-colons.|
|Client Tag Overrides||Client Tags and their values that are set when the client launches.|
You can add security certificates to the launcher.
While attempting to launch an application, the launcher will check against the application's host Gateway, and attempt to automatically download any required certificates. In addition, certificates can be manually added using the example below.
- Access Vision Client Launcher Settings by clicking Settings on the top right of the Vision Client Launcher window.
- In the Trusted Certificates section, click the Add icon.
- Navigate to the location of the certificate on your system and choose Open.
- Information about the certificate is displayed. To view complete details, click the Expand icon next to Details. If everything looks OK, click Trust Certificate.
- Once a certificate is imported, you can view its details by clicking the Information icon.
Delete a Certificate
- To delete an imported certificate, access Vision Client Launcher Settings by clicking Settings on the top right of any Vision Client Launcher window.
- In the Trusted Certificates section, select the certificate you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon.
- You'll get a confirmation window. If the certificate is the correct one you want to delete, click the Delete button.
Export a Certificate
- To export an imported certificate, access Vision Client Launcher Settings by clicking Settings on the top right of any Vision Client Launcher window.
- In the Trusted Certificates section, select the certificate you want to export.
- Click the Export icon.
- Navigate to the location you want to save the certificate and click Save.
Launcher Application Settings
For each project application, you can update the default settings by clicking the More
.json file. The Delete command deletes the project application from the launcher.
You can choose to use the default settings or customize your project client applications. There are three different Action buttons under Manage Project Settings in the Vision Client Launcher.
- Launch Application - Launches the your application in the Vision Client Launcher.
- Export Config - Exports your updates to the Vision Client Launcher file (i.e.,
vision-client-launcher.json). The resulting export file contains the last saved configuration of the application.
- Create Desktop Shortcut - Creates a shortcut to your application on your desktop, using the last saved application configuration.
When finished updating any of the launcher settings, click the Save Changes button.