Over the course of development, naturally there are changes and additions to the Ignition software. This page highlights any new functionality or modified behavior, but is not meant as a complete resource for new features. You can find more about these items by following the links on this page.
New Perspective Mobile App Features
This section is devoted to new features introduced to the Ignition Perspective App. New versions of the app are released separately from new Ignition versions, so notable changes to the app will be listed in this section.
Updates for version 0.97:
- Minor bug fixes
Updates for version 0.96:
- The app can now be managed remotely via Enterprise Mobile Management services.
New Ignition Features
This section is devoted to new features introduced to Ignition. Any pages in this user manual that contain features that were added will be accompanied by a display like this:
Upgrading Ignition is very easy, but there are a few things we recommend to ensure everything goes perfectly.
See the Installing and Upgrading page for a complete guide.
New in 8.1.0
- Added Power Chart component which collects and displays data based on pens that have been configured on the chart. It is fully customizable in its appearance, from labels, colors, line widths, legend, scroll bars, text styles, and more.
- Added a Symbols palette and new components: Motor, Valve, Sensor, Pump, and Vessel.
- Added Wrap in Container option on the Component right-click menu, enabling existing components to be "wrapped" into a container on the same view.
- The "autoplay" property on the Perspective Video Player component will now mute the video on initial playback on all environments. Earlier versions of the component only muted autoplay on iOS environments.
- Added the new 'filterAlarm' extension function to the Alarm Journal Table.
- Perspective Workstation is a single application that acts as both a launcher, and desktop “wrapper” for Perspective sessions. Users will be able to configure multiple applications via a home screen, and launch into one of those applications. Perspective Workstation has built-in features to run in Windowed mode and full screen Kiosk mode eliminating any distractions from the underlying operating system.
- Added a new Session Event: Page Startup.
- Added new scripting function .setSelectedValues (valueList) to the Vision - List component.
- Added a new Welcome screen to each of the Designer Interfaces: Vision Designer Interface, Alarm Pipeline Designer Interface, Transaction Groups, Named Queries, Scripting, SFC Designer Interface, WebDev, and Report Designer Interface.
- Added a new property to the Modbus TCP Device called Concurrent Requests which is the number of requests that Ignition will send to the device at the same time.
- Introduced the Quick Start Configuration, which can be enabled after installation. When enabled, several configurations and resources will be created in the new system automatically.
OPC UA Clients
- A new advanced option, Certificate Validation Enabled, allows you to disable validation of server certificates if needed for troubleshooting. See OPC UA Client Connection Settings.
- A new Certificates page on the Gateway enables you to download or regenerate certificates currently running on the Gateway.
- For system.util.getGlobals, the globals dictionary will now persist across the lifetime of the JVM, and it's now accessible at system.util.globals.
- The Vision module now has the option to use Federated Identity Providers (IdP), allowing users to authenticate against a trusted third party.
- Security settings have been consolidated onto a new Gateway page, Gateway General Security Settings.
- The Ignition Identity Provider now has options for setting a timeout for Session Inactivity, an expiration time for Sessions, and a Remember Me expiration, which is the number of hours a user will be remembered regardless of if they close their browser or Gateway. See Configuring Identity Providers.
- Added a new Historian Simulator that can easily generate simulated historical records without the need for an external database.
- Added a new DB Table Historian Provider that can expose wide database tables to the Tag Historian, allowing tag history queries to retrieve records from tables generated by external systems.
- The Tag Browser has been updated with a new design for ease of use. Tags and UDT Definitions now have their own tabs. A Tag Provider Selector enables you to view Tags for a specific Tag provider.
- Tags with a Document data type can now be bound to from components, which will provide a JSON string. In these cases you can write back to the elements if the binding is set to bi-directional. See the It's also possible to address certain elements within the document when using a certain syntax. See the Tag Paths page.
- Tag Browser Trait icons for various configurations (i.e., Scale Mode, Custom Security, Scripts, Alarms, or History) appear to the right of the Tag name.
- User Defined Types - UDTs can be color coded, which applies a color to the Root Node.
- The Tag Creator allows you to browse a connected device to add OPC Tags and create any type of standard Tag. You can even edit your Tags individually or multiple Tags all at once.
- Added UDT Inheritance and type hierarchy icons that display UDT types, instances, and properties that overide the parent properties.
- No labels