Launch a Perspective Session
On the home screen, you can launch the Online Demo, which is on the Ignition 8.0 Demo Server or launch a project on a different Gateway.
Launch the Online Demo
To launch the demo, just click the Perspective icon or click on the demo description.
Launch a Project
- To launch a different project, click the Plus icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- You then have two options:
- Scan a QR Code
- Search for an available Gateway with Perspective projects.
- For this example, we'll search for available Gateways. Click on Gateway Search.
- Select the Gateway you want to connect to.
- Click on the project you want to open.
- If security is set up on the project, you'll be prompted to sign in with your credentials.
Switch to a Different Application
When you are running a project or the demo app, you can switch to a different application, as follows:
- Click the App Bar icon in the lower right corner.
- Click the Exit icon.
- At the confirmation prompt, click Exit.
Click on the Searchicon at the top of the screen to filter the project list.
Click on the Settingsicon at the top of the screen to view the settings for the Perspective app. Here you can organize your list of available Gateways. You can also turn the Auto-Launch option on and select a project that will be automatically launched when the Perspective App is opened on this device.
Individual projects also have additional options that can be seen by tapping the Three Dots icon for the project on an Android device or swiping to expand the options on an iPhone device. The additional project options include making the project a Favorite, editing the project, and removing the project. Android devices also have the option to Create Shortcuts. Tapping Add to Favorites or Favorite, on an Android or iPhone device respectively, means that project will appear on the Favorites tab in the app. If you have multiple projects listed on your All tab, marking certain projects as Favorites can give you a quick and easy way to access a tailored list of projects.
Selecting Edit will access the Manage Application screen, where users can:
- Add an Application Alias
- Add the project to Favorites
- Remove the project
- Save any changes made on the Manage Application screen
- Return to the previous screen by tapping the X icon or Cancel, on an Android or iPhone device respectively.
Users can alternatively remove a project by simply tapping the Remove Application or Remove option, on an Android or iPhone device respectively, from the homepage.
Create Project Shortcuts
If the Ignition Perspective App is downloaded on an Android mobile device, you can create a project shortcut to open a project directly from your Home screen. Although iOS users are not able to create project shortcuts currently, the Long Press can still be used to select and open a project without launching the Ignition Perspective App. Long Press instructions are covered below under the second method for creating project shortcuts.
- To create the shortcut, open the Ignition Perspective App.
- Push the Three Dots icon for your project.
- Select Create Shortcut.
- Select Add.
A shortcut is now added to your Home screen and will open a project as if you were launching from within the Ignition Perspective App without needing to use the Ignition Perspective App.
The shortcut icon and App Name will match what is displayed in the Ignition Perspective App project list.
- The shortcut icon can be edited in the Designer Project Properties > Perspective > General > Launch Icon.
- The App Name can be edited by selecting the Three Dots icon > Edit Application and entering an Application Alias. If the Alias is changed after creating the shortcut, make sure to re-launch the project inside the Ignition Perspective App. This will trigger the shortcut name to update on your Home screen.
A second method to create a Home screen shortcut is to use the Long Press (press and hold) feature.
- Long Press the Ignition Perspective App on your Home screen until the Information popup appears.
- Locate the project name (or Alias) from the popup. Note that a project has to be opened at least once from inside the Ignition Perspective App before it will appear in this popup.
- Drag and drop the project to your Home screen to create a shortcut in the same manner as detailed above.
The Ignition Perspective App can be configured via iOS and Android enterprise services , allowing third-party tools to install the app with some initial configurations. The actual configurations are pushed out by the Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) solution, so there are no configurations to be made on the Ignition side.
For Android devices, EMMs pull the keys from the APK and manages the configuration from a console in the EMM software.
For iOS devices, you will need to provide the EMM software with a sample PLIST. See the Ignition Perspective iOS App - AppConfig XML on our Extra Materials page.
The following keys will be made available to the EMM solution.
Contains keys that control the auto-launch capability of the app, allowing you to determine if the app should immediately launch into a project or not. Contains the following keys:
|hide_demo||If true, the built-in demo project will become hidden.|
Allows you to add projects to the main app page. Each application has the following keys:
Allows you to add Gateways to the Recent Gateways list. Each gateway has the following key: