In the Target section, the Find/Replace tool has options for searching through many different parts of a project.
- Named Queries (Added in 8.1.3)
- SQL Bridge Transaction Groups
- Templates (Vision)
- Views (Perspective)
- WebDev Resources (Added in 8.1.1)
You can narrow down your search by selecting and deselecting categories you include in the search. The SQL Bridge, Tags, Templates, Views, Named Queries, and Windows options also have dropdown options to customize your search.
For example, if you want to search only a couple Views, do the following:
In the Project Browser, use Ctrl-Click to select the views you want to search.
- In the Designer toolbar, go to Edit > Find/Replace or use the shortcut Ctrl-F. The Find/Replace window is displayed.
- De-select all options by unchecking Select All.
In Views, click on the expand arrow and choose the Selected Views option.
- Enter the property, action, script, or such that you want to search for. In this example, we searched for property value Helvetica.
- Click Find.
The search results are displayed in the Results box.
Contextual Find and Replace
The following feature is new in Ignition version 8.1.18
to check out the other new features
Starting in 8.1.18, you can right-click on a node to Find/Replace within all Windows, Templates, Views, Transaction Groups, Named Queries, Scripts, and/or selected folders in that node. This bypasses the need to narrow your search criteria with the Search Options detailed in the previous section. For example, to search for all instances of a "Gauge" within all Perspective Views, follow these steps:
- In the Project Brower, right-click on Views and select Find/Replace Views.
- This will open the Find/Replace window. Type "gauge" in the search bar and click Find.
- The results displayed will be all instances of "gauge" within the Views node:
To limit your search within selected views, you may select specific views or folders within the Project Browser. Right-click on any of the selected views and select Find/Replace selected Views.