Create an Agent Task
- To create an Agent task, go to the Controller, and select the Config section on the Gateway Webpage.
- Scroll down to Enterprise Administration > Agent Tasks. This opens the Agent Tasks window.
Click the Create new Gateway Task link to create an agent task.
The options for Agent tasks are listed in the following table.
Task Description Activate License Activate a license key on selected agent Gateways. Collect Backup
Collect a Gateway backup from an agent machine.
Install one or more modules on selected agent Gateways.
Remote Agent Upgrade Prepare a full system upgrade on selected agent Gateways. Restart Agent Restarts the Ignition service on the agent machine. Restore Backup Restore a Gateway backup on selected agent Gateways. Send Project
Distributes a project to remote servers. Replaces the project on the remote server as if an export/import was performed.
Send Project Resources Distributes project resources, like windows and templates, to remote servers. Send Tags Distributes controller tags to agents. Unactivate License Unactivate a license key on selected agent Gateways. Update License Update the license on selected agent Gateways.
- Select task and then click Next. The Task scheduling screen is displayed. Tasks can then be scheduled to run in a few different ways depending on your needs. In the example below, the task is set to execute twice per day.
- Click Next. The EAM wizard will guide you through setting up your task.
- Lastly, a Task Summary window appears. If you're ready to go, click Finish. Your task will be submitted according to the schedule type you defined.
Agent Task Status
On the Status section of the Gateway Webpage there is a page called EAM Tasks. This page is useful, as it shows information on what tasks are currently running, which tasks are scheduled to run, and a history of tasks that have been run. The EAM Tasks page can be used to allow users to see what is going on with the various agents without giving them the ability to configure them.