- On the Agent computer, install Ignition and make sure the EAM Module is also installed (it is added by default if you use the Typical selection during installation).
- On your Agent, go to the Config section and select the Enterprise Administration Setup. The EAM wizard will walk you through each step of the Agent recovery process.
Select Agent to configure, and press Next.
- In order to continue with the Agent Recovery procedure, you must have a backup collection of the Agent. When you initially set up your Agent on the Controller, you created an Archive Path where the backup files are stored. EAM will automatically know where to retrieve the backup files. Click on Agent Recovery, and press Next.
- Since Agent99 existed previously, the EAM remembered the Agent’s prior settings. Select from the list of names in the dropdown lists for the Controller and Agent (or you can type it in). Click Finish.
- The Agent will go through a series of steps:
- Check the Agent status on the Controller
- Retrieve the Ignition license file
- Download Ignition modules
Copy the latest Gateway backup to the Agent.
When you get a message that the setup is complete, press Apply Files. Once you press the Apply Files button, a status message will appear, indicating that the Gateway is performing the requested action:
Once the files have been applied, you will see a message stating the Gateway is starting. It will take about a minute to bring the Gateway up.
- The screen will refresh once the Gateway is up and running. Go to the Config section of the the Gateway Webpage, and click on Projects. You will notice that all your projects were recovered.
- It's also a good idea to verify that all your modules are installed and running by going to the Config tab and selecting Modules.