Client Tags can be configured in one of several ways, based on the Expression Type property. The following options are available.
Create a Client Tag
This example shows how to create a client Tag.
- From the Tag Browser, right-click on the Vision Client Tags folder and select New Tag > Client Tag. The Tag Editor will open.
- In the Tag Editor enter the Tag name and the following general properties, then click OK.
Data Type: String
- A new Tag called Area is created in the Client folder.
Using Vision Client Tags
Overriding Vision Client Tags
When you open a Client, your Vision Client Tags default to the value that was saved in the Designer. If you want to open a Client with different values in your Client Tags, you can override them in the Vision Client Launcher (either for all applications, or an individual application). A Client Tag can be overridden in the Client Tag Overrides section of the Vision Client Launcher.
- Use the Settings button to override a client Tag in all applications.
- Select Manage on the individual application to override a tag on that specific application.
Client Tags can be overriden within a folder. You can also pass client Tag overrides with spaces by using a '+' icon as an escape character. This happens automatically if you are configuring overrides in the Client Launcher.
The following example shows how to override client Tags on a single application.
- In the Designer, create a client Tag inside a folder and bind it to something that can be displayed on a window. This example has two Tags: one Tag is directly under Vision Client Tags folder, and another one under a nested folder. Each TagA tag is bound to a different Label components.
- Open the Vision Client Launcher. On your application, click the three vertical dots to open the Manage screen.
- From the Client Tag Overrides section, click the '+' icon on the right side of the table to add a Tag override. In this example, let's configure two client Tag overrides. The first TagA is for a client Tag directly under Vision Client Tags. Enter the Tag Name and Tag Value. The second override is for the nested TagA Tag. In the Tag Name, the folder name must precede the Tag name followed by a forward slash. Notice how the value has a '+' that denotes a space. The launcher will automatically enter the space for you in the client launcher when you save your updates. Enter the Tag Name (including the folder name) and Tag Value.
- Click the Save Changes button on the top right corner of the screen. This will take you back to your My Applications screen.
- From the top menubar, click on Tools > Launch Project > Launch Windowed to launch your application in your client. You will see the new values that you overrided in the Client Launcher.
System Client Tags
System Tags provide status about the Ignition system, such as memory usage, performance metrics, and so on. Client-scoped System Tags provide status information about the Vision Client's system. Every individual Vision client is going to have its own values like IP address, hosting name, username, and more. You cannot modify Client System Tags. For more information, see System Tags.