Configuring Tag Access
Typically, the Administrator will identify what zones have access to which Tag Providers.
- Go to the Config tab of the Gateway Webpage.
- Choose Security> Service Security from the menu on the left.
The Service Security page is displayed. You will see a list of the existing Security Zones for your Gateway.
- To setup or modify Tag access for a zone, click on the Edit button for that zone. The Security Policy page is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Tag Access section.
- In the Default Provider Access level, set the default access level to ReadWrite.
- For the access level to the System Tag Provider, set the option to ReadOnly. Now this zone will only be able to see System Realtime Tag Provider Tags, but not write to them or edit them.
- Click the Save button. You will see a confirmation message on the Service Security page. For more information, see Security Zones.