Trusted Certificates on the Client
When viewing the Client tab, you’re viewing the certificates trusted by the Gateway, as a UA client. In the screenshot below, you can see that this client trusts the certificate named "Ignition OPC UA Server."
Trusted Certificates on the Server
When viewing the Server tab, you’re viewing the certificates trusted by the server, meaning the Gateway's OPC UA server. In the screenshot below, you can see that this server trusts the certificate named "Ignition OPC UA Client."
The steps for managing trusted certificates are the same whether you're on the Client tab or the Server tab.
Upload a Trusted Certificate
To upload a trusted Certificate, do the following.
- Click the Client Tab or Server Tab, depending on the what certificate you're uploading.
- Click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the location of of certificate on your system and click Open. (Alternatively, you can drag the certificate file onto the page where it says "Drag files here.")
- If the upload was successful, you'll see the name of the certificate and the message "Upload Successful!" The certificate will appear in the Trusted Certificates list.
Download a Trusted Certificate
To download a trusted certificate, do the following.
- Next to the certificate name, click the Download icon.
- The certificate is downloaded to your system by your web browser.
Delete a Trusted Certificate
To delete a trusted certificate, do the following.
- Next to the certificate name, click the Delete action button.
- The certificate is deleted.
To view more information about a trusted certificate, click the More Infoicon.
OPC UA Security Page Details
|Common Name||Name of the certificate.|
The SHA-1 (Secure Hash Algorithm 1) fingerprint is the unique identifier of the certificate.
|Expiration||Date the certificate will expire.|
|O||Organization, usually the legal incorporated name of a company.|
|L||Locality (Town or City)|
|C||Country, the two-letter ISO code for the country where the organization is located.|
If you import a certificate that is not trusted, it will appear on the Quarantined Certificates list.
Accept a Quarantined Certificate
To accept a quarantined certificate, do the following:
- Next to the certificate name, click the Trust action button.
- The certificate is accepted and will appear in the Trusted Certificates list.