Tab Strip Navigation Example
- Add a Tab Strip component to a window, typically a docked window.
Right-click on the Tab Strip component, choose Customizers > Tab Strip Customizer.
- In the Tab Strip Customizer you can specify which window to open with each tab. Notice the Navigation Mode property which is set to Swap Windows as shown in the screenshot below.
To create a new tab, click Add Tab. If you have a tab already selected, clicking the Add Tab button creates a Tab with the same colors and font as the selected tab.
Main Windows already created
This step assumes you already have your main windows created in your Project Browser.
- Under Window Name dropdown list, select the window you want to open. Note, it is the full path from the window and not just the name (i.e., Main Windows/Main Window 2).
- Enter the Display Name for your new tab (i.e., Main Window 2).
- With the Move Up, Move Down, and Remove Tab buttons you can move tabs up and down on the tab strip, and remove a tab if it is no longer required.
- When you're finished, press OK.
- Save your project.
- Open your project in the Client, and see that each tab navigates to a different window. As you can see, the Tab Strip works by clicking on a tab to swap one main window for another.