Access the Exchange
You can access the Ignition Exchange, in several ways:
- Go to https://inductiveautomation.com/exchange/.
- Within the Designer, select File > Ignition Exchange.
- Within the Gateway webpage, click on Config > Ignition Exchange. Then click Browse Ignition Exchange.
Import an Ignition Exchange Package from the Gateway Webpage
When you restore / import a project from an exported file in the Gateway Webpage, it will be merged into your existing Gateway. To import a downloaded resource file,
- Go to the Gateway webpage, and click Config > Ignition Exchange.
- Click on Import Package File.
Drag and drop your resource package file, or click the link to browse for the file.
- Navigate to the file you want to import and click Open.
- The Gateway will display a confirmation message if the package is valid, and it will display some Readme instructions for the file. Click Next.
The Package Import Preview screen is displayed. Use the down arrow in the Target Project box to choose a project. Then click Import.
If the new project has a name conflict with an existing project, you can provide a new name for your project.
Resources with the same name in the target project will be overwritten.
- A confirmation message is displayed if the package was successfully imported. You can now go to your project in the Designer and see the new resource.
Import an Ignition Exchange Project Package from the Designer
In this example, we're going to import the Simple Light Stack project that we already downloaded from Ignition Exchange. Note that we also extracted the initial
.zip file that was downloaded. This project contains a Perspective view with a light stack graphic. To import this view into a project that is open in the Designer, do the following.
- In the Designer, click File > Import.
- Navigate to the project file (
.zip) you want to import, then click Open.
- In the Import popup window, select the resources that you want to import from the project. Click Import.
The view is now part of the current project.
Restore a Gateway Backup from Ignition Exchange
Ignition Exchange can also have Gateway backup files as resources. After you've downloaded the file from Ignition Exchange, follow the steps for a Gateway Restore in Gateway Backup and Restore.