In version 8.0.13, two new properties were added to the email notification blocks of an Alarm Acknowledgement email:
- 'Recipient Type' allows you to choose: To, CC and BCC.
- 'Send Ack' allows you to choose to not send an acknowledgement link on an email notification, even if the notification profile is enabled for two-way authentication.
Using Email Alarm Acknowledgement
Acknowledging an alarm in an email is super simple!
- Open the the alarm notification email message, and click the link.
- A new window opens describing the alarm. This example shows one email for one alarm.
- If notes are required as in the following example, enter notes about the alarm.
- Click the Acknowledge button.
- If Notification Consolidation is configured, you can limit the number of email notifications that will be sent, thus, consolidating multiple alarms into one email for operators to acknowledge.
If you are not receiving any email alarm notifications, check Status > Logs for any error messages. If you are getting errors saying emails are "unreachable," then check your Email Notification Profile.