Configuring Pen Names and Groups
For each Tag on the Easy Chart, let's create unique pen names and organize each pen into a group using the Easy Chart Customizer.
- Right click on the Easy Chart component, and choose Customizers > Easy Chart Customizer.
- On the Pens tab, we'll edit each of the individual pens and give them a different name as well as put them inside a different group.
- Select the first pen row, click the Edit icon, and rename the first Tag from ‘Ramp0’ to ‘R0’ as shown in the following example.
- At the bottom of the Edit Pen window, next to Group Name, create a new group called ‘Ramps.’
- If other groups exist, you can select one from the dropdown list or enter your own. In this example, this is the first group to be created, so simply type ‘Ramps,’ and press OK.
- Repeat this step for each Ramp pen assigning each pen a new name.
Next, let's keep the Sine pen names the same as the Tag name, but add them to a group.
Select the Sine0 pen row, and click the .
Enter a new group name called 'Sines'.
Repeat this steps a and c. to add each Sine pen to the Sines group.
Once you have all your pens configured, click OK. Operators will see the Pen and Group names organized into two legends on the Easy Chart. You can update the pen and group names on this view by double clicking on any of the fields. It’s a faster way to edit this information then having to go to the Edit icon for each pen.
Tip for Viewing Specific Pen Values
To see specific Pen values on the Easy Chart, uncheck the Pen and click the Apply button. To see all Pen values, make sure all Pens are checked, and hit the Apply button.