Connect to a Remote BACnet Device
- Go to the Config section of the Gateway Webpage.
- Scroll down and select OPC UA > Device Connections.
- On the Devices page, click on Create new Device.
- Select BACnet/IP, and click Next.
- Select the local device from the dropdown. If no local devices are shown, you'll need to set one up first. See BACnet Local Device.
- Fill in the following fields:
Name: BACnet Remote
Hostname: Enter the IP address, for example 10.10.###.##
Remote Device Number: The instance number of the remote device you're setting up.
- Leave the default values in the remaining fields.
- Click Create New Device.
- The Devices page is displayed showing the BACnet/IP device is successfully created and added to Ignition.
Default is set to true.
The name of the local BACnet device instance that will be used when communicating with the remote device. If no local devices are shown, you'll need to set one up first. See BACnet Local Device.
The hostname or IP address of the remote device.
The port that the remote device is listening on. Default is 47,808.
|Remote Device Number||The instance number of the remote device you're setting up. Default is 1.|
|Write Priority||The priority to use when writing to commandable properties. Default is 8.|
If true a Change of Value (COV) subscription is used for properties that support it. If false all properties are polled. Default is true.
Note that COV subscriptions are only applied to Present_Value and Status_Flags.
|COV Heartbeat Interval||Interval, in seconds, between reading the System_Status property of the Device object as a heartbeat. If three consecutive attempts fail, all COV items will be marked with uncertain quality. Default is 5.|
|COV Subscription Lifetime||Lifetime, in seconds, of COV subscriptions. Use 0 for indefinite. When non-zero COV subscriptions are renewed at a rate of 75% of the lifetime. Default is 900.|
Confirmed Notifications Enabled
If true COV subscriptions use confirmed notifications. If false COV subscriptions use unconfirmed notifications. Default is false.