Custom Message Scripts
When adding a pipeline to an alarm, you can also set up custom messages that will be used in each type of notification. These custom messages will only be used for this particular alarm, and will overwrite the settings configured for the message in the pipeline.
Email Notification is unique in that not only can you specify a custom message, but also a custom subject for the email. These will only be used for the alarm they are configured on.
The SMS Notification has a property that allows you to create a custom text that will get sent out when this alarm is triggered.
The Voice Notification system allows you to create a custom message on alarms as well. The custom message will only replace the Active Message portion of the voice scripts, and will play the defined script for all other prompts.
Associate a Pipeline with the Alarm
- Double-click on a Tag that already has an alarm configured (i.e., WriteableFloat1). The Tag Editor is displayed and you can access its properties.
- Scroll down to the Alarms section and select an alarm. (If you don't have an alarm configured, create one. To learn more about creating alarms, go to Configuring Alarms.)
- Click on the Edit icon to edit the alarms.
- Select the alarm to edit then scroll down to the Notification section.
- Select the desired alarm pipeline from the dropdown for any of the alarm status states. Typically, operators want to know when an alarm goes active. This example uses the Basic Pipeline when the alarm status becomes Active.
- Click Commit.
Now, every time a the High Alarm Tag goes Active, it will use the logic in the Basic Email pipeline to notify the operators.