Report Data Configuration
In addition to configuring rows, you can also configure how you want your data to appear in a report using the Sort and Filter functions in the Table component.
Sorting orders your data by a single data key or list of data keys. There are three types of Sorting in Tables.
- Default - data is sorted based on the order in which it is retrieved.
- Basic - takes a list of data keys and sorts by the first one. If the sort results in a tie, the tie will be resolved by the next data key in the list, and so on.
- TopN - uses a single key path, with a Count value that allows a limit to the number of rows that are processed.
Basic and TopN sorts can be configured for either ascending ( ) or descending ( ) sorts. They can also utilize aggregate (calculation) keys.
The TopN sort option, Include Others if selected, will include all values outside of the specified Count range by compressing them into a single row.
Filtering gives the option of processing data based on an expression. The Filter Key property can be found in the Property Inspector under the Properties tab.
- Once you enter your expression in the Filter Key field, hit return to commit your expression.
- If the expression resolves to 'false,' the row will be skipped.