Ignition provides the capability to send out alarm notifications to a list of people in Email, SMS, and Phone (voice dial-out). There are several steps to get alarm notifications sent out to a list people. The first thing to do is create an Alarm Notification Profile for Email, SMS or Voice, whichever method you intend to use. Then, create the users who are going to receive the alarms. Each user must have a name and contact information in order for Ignition to notify them of an impending alarm.
Let's get started!
Adding a User
- Go to the Configure section of the Gateway.
- Choose Security > Users, Roles from the menu on the left.
The User Sources page is displayed.
- Select manage users from the appropriate user source.
- Look for the blue arrow and select the Add User link to add a user.
The Manage Users and Roles for Profile page is displayed.
- Complete the fields that correspond to the user's information.
- In the Contact Info section, choose the delivery method from the dropdown, and enter the appropriate Value such as an email address.
- Click Add User. The new user will now appear under the Users tab.
- No labels