This User Source was developed specifically for a system that is using Local Client Fallback, and allows you to cache the login credentials from a remote user source. This means your users can still log in with their normal username/password on a Local Client Fallback project, even when the network connection is unavailable.
Creating the Fallback Cache User Source
The Fallback Cache User Source is created in a similar fashion to any other User Source:
- Gateway Webpage > Configure > Security > User, Roles > Click on the Create new User Source... link.
- Select the Fallback Cache option and click the Next button.
- Type in a name for the new User Source and click Create New User Source.
User Source Properties
The Fallback Cache User Source has many of the same common or Main properties as other User Sources, but it does have one unique property:
Cache Retention: This property determines the number of days credentials will be stored in the cache. Once exceeded, the credentials will be removed from the cache.
Populating the Cache
Users and Roles can not be manually added to the Fallback Cache. Instead, they are automatically copied from remote Gateways. This type of User Source is normally configured on an Edge Gateway, but can be utilized on an Ignition Gateway.
- Before the Fallback Cache will populate, both the Central Ignition Gateway and Fallback Gateway must be connected over the Gateway Network. The credentials are passed from a User Source on the Central Ignition Gateway to the Fallback Cache over the Gateway Network.
- A Fallback Cache User Source must exist on the Fallback Gateway.
- A client must be launched on the Fallback Gateway from the Central Ignition Gateway. If the user successfully authenticates against the Central Ignition Gateway's User Source, then the credentials are cached into the Fallback Cache.
- No labels